Good evening. Here’s today’s briefing.
- The shutdown of the US Federal Government is ongoing. https://lamundi.news.blog/2019/01/06/the-government-shutdown-what-you-need-to-know/
- The teachers’ strikes in Los Angeles are also ongoing.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May‘s government hangs in the balance, especially after Parliament rejected her Brexit deal and her government barely surviving a vote of no-confidence.
- A Canadian received a death sentence in China yesterday. This was likened by experts to opening an oil drum and dumping it on an already huge fire. That metaphorical fire was started when Canada imprisoned a Chinese citizen, igniting the situation.
- US President Donald Trump has suspended Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi‘s trip to an economic forum in Davos, Switzerland. This was seemingly in response to Pelosi’s calls for the postponement of the President’s annual State of the Union address until the end of the government shutdown, due to security concerns. https://lamundi.news.blog/2019/01/06/the-government-shutdown-what-you-need-to-know/
- France launched a contingency plan to deal with a potential no-deal Brexit, according to French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe who stated that a no-deal Brexit looks “less and less unlikely”.
- Netflix has been doing good in world of business recently, with millions of new accounts being created.
- After China sent plants to the moon amid extensive media coverage, the plants have died of freezing temperatures.
This day is over. This briefing will no longer be updated.