- Armenians all around the world are celebrating Christmas today. The Armenian Apostolic Church believes that Christ was born on January 6th.
- Pentagon Chief of Staff Kevin Sweeney resigns, about a month after Secretary of Defense James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis resigned.
- A Saudi woman is trapped in Bangkok’s airport after trying to flee her family. The woman has reportedly renounced Islam. She fears death back in her homeland. On Monday, after this day was over, she boarded a flight chartered by the UNHCR.
- Five men have been arrested after breaking and entering into Palestinian Broadcasting Corporation. They ransacked the building and destroyed equipment worth thousands of dollars.
- Guatemala has rejected a UN corruption investigator.
- At least 30 workers were killed in a mine in Northeastern Afghanistan. At least 50 workers were in the mine, and some victims are in critical condition. The mines in the region are known to be used by the Taliban when in need of revenue, although the workers at this mine are thought not be Taliban members.
- Democrats revealed H.R. 1, the ”For the People Act”, which if passed, would make voting registration easier and leave redistricting to independent commissions rather than state legislatures.
This day is over. This briefing will no longer be updated.