Good evening. Here’s today’s briefing.
- If Sears Chairman Edward Lampert pays a $120 million deposit today to take over Sears, the company might be saved from liquidation.
- New York continues to face a historically bad measles outbreak.
- President Trump has been briefed on a plan that would take billions of dollars from disaster areas to fund the wall.
- The government shutdown continues as the fourth week of the shutdown is ending. https://lamundi.news.blog/2019/01/06/the-government-shutdown-what-you-need-to-know/
- Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the UK’s Labour Party, has demanded elections to break the deadlock over Brexit.
- More than 40 seals are stranded in the Canadian town of Roddickton-Bide Arm in Newfoundland, and the seals are causing chaos and are wreaking havoc. Two of the seals died when they were ran over by a car. While there are concerns that the seals will starve to death, it is against Canadian law to interfere with marine mammals like seals.
This day is over. This briefing will no longer be updated.