Good evening. Here’s today’s briefing.
- The shutdown of the US Federal Government is ongoing. https://lamundi.news.blog/2019/01/06/the-government-shutdown-what-you-need-to-know/
- The teacher’s strike in Denver is ongoing.
- Meanwhile, the Los Angeles teacher’s strike has ended and teachers will return to their jobs on Wednesday.
- The violent government crackdown in Zimbabwe is ongoing, and human rights watchdogs have said that they fear that the situation could take a turn for the worse, as Zimbabwe’s government has alluded that what has happened so far is nothing compared to what will happen next. https://lamundi.news.blog/2019/01/20/zimbabwe-government-crackdown-amid-protests-and-rioting/
- The Oscars nominations were announced today.
- US Vice President Mike Pence compared President Donald Trump to Martin Luther King, Jr., the civil rights leader assassinated on April 4, 1968 in Memphis, Tennessee.
This day is over. This briefing will no longer be updated.
Today’s town to visit is Kanab, Utah (at least virtually if you’re not in Utah), which is a drive away from Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon.